The Crop Health North Conference and demonstration day will take place in June 2020 at Stockbridge Technology Centre. To register your interest in attending the event, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following our conference last month there was a write up of the project details in the Farmers Guardian: https://www.fginsight.com/news/trials-show-biopesticide-potential-47360
Crop Health North held a conference on Thursday 23rd November aimed to inspire farmers and agronomists to think differently about how biopesticides for wheat could have a role to play in the future.
The audience learnt why biopesticides have been used and what effect they have on the plant’s health. This was an opportunity to explore different methods of practice sharing ideas on how to develop the project further. Following the presentations explaining the spring wheat trail findings, the biological product that is being used and the trial design for next year’s winter wheat trials, the audience had an opportunity to participate in a round table discussion.
- Can the project analysis conventional timings vs. optimum biological timings.
- Can the project use spore capture technology to identify when spores land?
- Can the project demonstrate financial viability?
- Can the project access crop monitor farm data as a comparison?
- Can the biological add value through nutrition uptake?
- What is the perception of biologicals with farmers and the general public?
You can view the presentations here:
You can view the E-Flyer here: Whats available for Broadacre
You can view the agenda of the conference here: Whats available for Broadacre_Agenda
Link to the right up in the Farmers Guardian here: Trials show biopesticide potential – News – Farmers Guardian (fginsight.com)